Friday 25 February 2011

Burton on Burton

Burton on Burton was a Christmas present; maybe one of my better ones.  I hadn't read anything for a while and this was the perfect fix for my reading drought.  The book is made up of interviews conducted around the time of each of Tim Burton's films up until 2005 (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Corpse Bride).  How the contents are arranged makes it easy just to dip in and out of chapters without following a chronological order.  It may be a tad repetitive in parts, but it is still informative for any Burton fan.  As a bonus, the updated version that I received has not one, but two forewords from Johnny Depp.  I found both equally brilliant, as they were pre and post families so they offered different perspectives.  Like a crazy person, I could hear Depp's voice in my head reading the words to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment