Friday 15 April 2011

Wuthering Heights

I am owning up to my literary crime now:  I never read many classic novels as a child or teenager.  This fact always makes me feel like a hack of an English Lit. student, but I'm currently attempting to rectifying this by expanding my classical reading horizons.  Hence why I finally managed to finish Emily Bronte's tragic love story.  It wasn't the book I was expecting after being inundated all my life with references to the book through different mediums and I'm still not sure whether I liked it or not. 
  Set in the Yorkshire moors, two family's whose lives are forever changed and interlinked by the arrival of an orphan only known as Heathcliff.  I think I preferred the later half of the book, once I had gotten used to the style, but maybe once I get around to re-reading I may begin to see what everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment