Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bossypants

Tina Fey's Bossypants would be a contender for my non fiction book of the year.  I read it in a day and kept it for the remaining three weeks it was on loan because of it's readability. I think it is how all biographies should be: light, breezy and hilarious.
Fey steams right through her childhood, which for me was a bonus because, honestly, I think most celebrity bio's tend to languish in their childhood and then leave ten pages to the bits you really want to know about.  Thankfully Fey writes about the stuff I wanted to know about: SNL, the Sarah Palin skit, 30 Rock, how to know if you're on trouble on a cruise, etc.  So if you too like any of the above, I urge you to get your hands on a copy!  I'm also trying to locate an audio version with Fey narrating which I have heard is even better due to her comic timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment