Thursday 16 August 2012

New Acquisitions

Ordered some books with my birthday vouchers at the weekend, and they arrived in the post today.  I love post!  Especially when it isn't a bank statement that tells me I have no money at all or my student loan statement that tells me I owe a lot of money to the man.

Fated and Cursed, both by Benedict Jacka, are supposed to be written in the same vein as Rivers of London and The Dresden Files so I'm assuming I may fall in love with them. 
  My risky choice is Chris F. Holm's Dead Harvest.  The blurb describes it as 'a stunning mix of urban fantasy and noir-dark crime' which is something a bit different for me, but what really hooked me was the cover.  It is beautiful, and I am a very shallow book reader.
  Will report back at a later date as to how all three fared reading wise...


No comments:

Post a Comment