Monday 11 February 2013

While I've Been Away...

Lack of updates due to being away at Matt's for just over a week.  Not that there wasn't bookish things going on.It all started in the library, on the Saturday I left, where I got these out:

 
 I had reserved Lost Girl based on a review, found Across the Universe in the stacks (Strange Chemistry featured the series in a post about YA Sci-Fi.  After I read said post, I spotted an enthusiastic tweet from Lola at Reading By Lamplight about the third book.  Hence I decided that it was a sign from the universe that I should give it a go.) and even though there is a huge wait-list for the last book in Amanda Hocking's Trylle Trilogy, what else was hidden amongst the other YA books?  Only Ascend!

As I was going straight from the library to the train station, there was a bit of a discussion as to whether or not I should take all three books with me.  I already had my Kindle and another book with me , so I grudgingly gave over Ascend and Lost Girl so I wouldn't have so much to carry...

This would have worked if I hadn't gone on a book binge whilst in Norwich that afternoon.  Admittedly it's not as bad as it could have been.  There was at least six other books I wanted, but I restrained myself and just went for these three:




 I had been debating whether or not to wait for the library to get a copy of Etiquette and Espionage or just go and buy myself one.  In the end I didn't do either as my fantastic boyfriend bought me a copy!

The book haul didn't stop there, as when I got home today I found this waiting for me:
That's about everything for me.  I don't know where to start once I've finished Matthew Hughes' Hell to Pay (which is excellent so far...it's like he knew I wanted more Xaphan and decided that, yes Emma, that's a fantastic idea!).  Have you read any of the above or picked up anything interesting recently?  Let me know so I can add it to my TBR pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment