Monday 1 April 2013

I Remember Nothing and other reflections


I reserved I Remember Nothing...about six months ago and it finally came in on Saturday.  Normally I am a very impatient person, but the universe had a plan holding back Nora Ephron's collection of articles from me.

I had been in a reading and writing rut for a little over a week.  Then Saturday happened.  A day in which the world was against me and I wasn't even rewarded with a good Who episode.  Then after a long phone conversation with my best friend, I felt a little better, and I decided that out of my TBR books from the library I could easily read a couple of items in I Remember Nothing...before I went to bed.  Fast forward to the next morning and I had read the whole lot.

Nora Ephron has a wonderful writing style and a very clear voice.  I found myself smiling and laughing out loud and feeling a little better about the world.  I read another of her books last year I Feel Bad About My Neck, and had exactly the same experience.  So if you need cheering up, I recommend this non-fiction book.

No comments:

Post a Comment