Saturday 13 April 2013

Out of This World: Science Fiction But Not As You Know It

 All the way back in 2011, I went to an exhibit tucked away in the corner of the British Library.  Funnily enough I managed to go on opening day with my Best Friend.  We'd already organised to go to the Doctor Who Experience, which was also in London at that point, and we thought that if we had time, why not keep with the Sci-Fi theme of the day?   

 
The exhibit itself was one of the best I have seen in a long time.  The curators had amassed a stunning collection, including a TARDIS and a handwritten manuscript for Never Let Me Go. OOTW explored all aspects of the genre and included pieces that I had never even thought of as science fiction.  The exhibit was so good, I went back a second time on my birthday. 
 
 
On my first visit I couldn't justify the expense of buying myself the accompanying book.  However, armed with some birthday cash, I treated myself.  Even though I want to read every last line in this book, it is extremely hard to do so because it is filled with so many stunning pictures.  Due to my laziness, it has taken me this long to share some of the pretty...
 







 

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Is that a book you can buy on Amazon or something, or was it only available through that event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up on amazon u.k and it was still available, plus I found it on Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Out-This-World-Science-Fiction/dp/0712358358/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365937242&sr=8-1&keywords=Out+of+this+world+Science+Fiction+but+not+as+you+know+it

      Delete