Tuesday 18 June 2013

Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  This week I'm sharing all the books I can't wait to read, a.k.a. the top ten books at the top of my summer TBR list.

1. The Blue Blazes Chuck Wendi

 
2. iD - Madeline Ashby
 
3. Broken Homes - Ben Aaronovitch
 
4. Omens - Kelley Armstrong
 
5. The Glass Republic - Tom Pollock
 
6. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
 Fun Fact No.1: I am still upset that I can't go to the event at Ely Cathedral in August. I have to go to Matt's cousin's wedding instead. The things I miss out on for him...
 
7. The Ocean At The End Of The Lane - Neil Gaiman
 Fun Fact No.2 : As payback for missing out on the Margaret Atwood event, *fingers crossed that it goes ahead* I've booked a ticket for the Neil Gaiman event for at Ely Cathedral and making Matt come along. Fair deal I think!
 
8. The Shining Girls - Lauren Beukes
 
9. Fuse - Julianna Baggott
 
10. NOS4R2 - Joe Hill
 
 
 What books are on your summer TBR list?


13 comments:

  1. A lot of my friends are buzzing about the Ocean At The End Of The Lane, hopefully it really is that good!

    And ahhh Joe Hill! I really liked the one book I read by him - Heart Shaped Box.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good too!

      I haven't read any of his yet, have got Horns out from the library while I wait on their reservation list for a copy of NOS4R2. Will have to keep a look out for Heart Shaped Box though! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed! I had no clue until a couple of months ago, was a good surprise! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. The Shining Girls looks really good. Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it's as good as it looks! :)

      Delete
  4. You got a ticket for Neil Gaiman! Wow, you're lucky -- I think he's sold out pretty much everywhere. Can't wait for MaddAddam as well, and I'd love to read The Shining Girls. I read NOS4A2 when it came out, and it was amazing (but super creepy!). Joe Hill is so talented -- I wonder where he gets it from? :) Great list!

    Lisa
    http://bookshelffantasies.com/2013/06/17/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-on-my-summer-tbr-list/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only reason the Ely event isn't sold out is because it's going to be in the Cathedral, so they aren't as restricted space wise...unless the people of East Anglia are just indifferent to Neil Gaiman!

      Ha! Really looking forward to NOS4A2! I've reserved a copy from the library but there's a long waiting list, so got Horns out to tide me over!

      Delete
  5. Ooooo The Blue Blazes! I need to get that soon.

    I'm also curious about the new Neil Gaiman and Margaret Atwood books, I hope they're good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm trying to resist buying the Blue Blazes and might ask if I could get it for my birthday, but I know if I see it in the bookstore I'm just going to be like MINE!

      Delete
  6. I love your list! Very different picks than the other lists I've been seeing today! I've got Ocean at the End of the Lane on my TBR list (though not on this week's top ten list), too. I saw Neil Gaiman in person at a conference two years ago - that's about as close as I've ever gotten :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe Hill looks interesting! Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my post from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete