Tuesday 9 June 2015

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Most Anticipated Rest of 2015".  I've got to admit - I struggled with this one!  Normally, I have a list of 10 easy, but this time I had to actively search for more books...not that it's a bad thing (for me anyway...our bookshelves, maybe) as I've found some books that I'm now super excited for!

1. Winter - Marissa Meyer (November)
I can't believe this is going to be the last book in the Lunar Chronicles!  I remember reading Cinder and not being overly impressed but still intrigued; then picking up Scarlett and being like, oh that was a bit better, and then loving Cress!  I can't wait, but at the same time, I don't want the Lunar Chronicles to be over...

 2.Manners & Mutiny - Gail Carriger (November)
Another conclusion of a series - seriously, where has the time gone?!  I swear the first book was only published last month...I haven't managed to read books 2 and 3 yet - I do own copies, but I'm thinking of going on a binge once book 4 has been published - so I hope the series has been continuing the steam-punk fun of the first book - and I hope there's plenty of Bumblesnoot!
 3. The Rest of Us Just Live Here - Patrick Ness (August)
I really like the sound of  the Xander-type character - especially as so many books are about the "CHOSEN" one!  Plus, I'm always up for more Patrick Ness goodness.
 4. Carry On - Rainbow Rowell (October)
I'm not too sure about this one...but I have really enjoyed Rainbow Rowell in the past, so I'm still going to seek out a copy.
 5. Armada - Ernest Cline (July)
I hadn't realised that this was coming out until I saw all the BEA posts where people had managed to snag a copy.  It hadn't come up on the book club list, and I've never seen RPO in the bookshop at work, so I thought I would have to order a copy in upon release - which is no big deal.  Cut to last Wednesday when I nearly screamed when I saw a copy in the proof section.  It's now sitting on my bedside table and I can't wait to start (I've got to work my way through some library books first...).
 6. Why Not Me? - Mindy Kaling (September)
I liked Kaling's last book, so this is a bit of a no-brainer!
 7. You're Never Weird on the Internet (almost) - Felicia Day (August)
I'm actually really excited for this one - and the release date is perfect timing for a late birthday present!
8. The Heart Goes Last - Margaret Atwood (September)
I'm cheating with this one, as I'm currently reading The Heart Goes Last - and man is it a doozy.  I hadn't realized that it was previously released in serial form, but it makes sense to me now because I keep picking it up and putting it down unable to read large chunks at a time feeling a need to process what I've just read.  
9. Saga Volume 5 - Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples (October)
Is it October yet?  Becuase I Cannot.  Wait. Much. Longer.  Trying my best not to go and buy the single issues, but must resist....

10. The Bazaar of Bad Dreams - Stephen King (November)
New short story collection from Stephen King - I really hope by short story they mean short and not short for Stephen King - as that would probably be the length of a normal novel!

What's on your TTT this week? Any books coming out this year that you would recommned?

6 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I found your blog through the linky thing on The Broke and the Bookish so thought I'd come have a look! Great post; I'm also anticipating Carry On!

    Here's a link to my post, just in case you want to have a look: https://hufflepuffthoughts.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/top-ten-most-anticipated-books-for-2015/

    Elly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the comment - the more I read about Carry On, the more interested I get.

      Delete
  2. Carry On and Armada are two that I'm excited for too! I can't wait to read more about Simon Snow. I'm also the biggest Ready Player One fan.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I loved Ready Player One - I'm really hoping that Armada is just as good!

      Delete
  3. I am with Krystianna on this one-Carry On and Armada see really great! I have heard great things about the Lunar series too, I may have to check that out. Thanks for the great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lunar series is great - you should definitely check it out :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete